Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Spray

I've been fortunate enough to climb some amazing routes and boulder problems the last couple of year and on top of that good fortune I've had some great guys take video of those climbs.  I figured I'd put them all in one spot.  I'm sure some of you who will read this will have already seen them, some of you maybe not...

In January of 2008 I went  to Bishop with a few friends from the bay.  Matt Lloyd had just moved to Oakland from California and wanted to make the trip and get a couple climbs on footage.  He ended leaving to go back to Colorado shortly after this and other than a random run in at the following trade show in SLC, I haven't talked to him since....




I climbed the brilliant Stained Glass (V10), a climb I had done one of the previous weekends and SoulSlinger (V9).  Matt Johnson is seen doing the intimidatingly tall and impressively beautiful Jedi Mind Tricks (V4) while  Mark Heal takes it home with a couple classics on the obscure 395 Boulder on the way to Carson City.

The next video take us to February of the following year.  Jon McCartie made a great "get psyched" video featuring the great talents of Ethan Pringle, Daniel Woods, Ian Cotter-Brown and Giovanni Traversi....I was thrown in there as well.  The video starts off with Giovanni climbing my favorite climb in bishop, Haroun and the Sea of Stories (V11/12) and then has Daniel climbing two classics (Xavier's Roof and Secrets of the Beehive) with Ian sending Stained Glass (V10).  It later shows me doing Mandala from the stand start for the first time using Ethan's beta.  Finally it shows Ethan making a 3rd ascent of Flight of the Bumblebee.



Mirando from Jon McCartie on Vimeo.
Bouldering in Bishop, CA -- January 2009.

Climbers:
Mark Heal, Giovanni "G" Traversi, Ian Cotter-Brown, Daniel Woods, Ethan Pringle, Brian Hedrick

Camera and Editing:
Jon McCartie


The following season in Bishop I had finished off a couple of projects that Walker wanted to film.  He ended up making a pretty well done video for Deadpoint magazine.  In it I do Stained Glass (V10), Soul Slinger (V9), High Plains Drifter (V7), Buttermilker STAND (V12), and Haroun and the Sea of Stories (V11/12).  I'm not sure how to embed Deadpoint Videos so I'll just give the link here...

http://www.deadpointmag.com/climbing-videos/watch/bishop-butters

The last two are more recent.  I went to Tahoe with Ethan, Vitaly, and Gregor a couple months ago.  Ethan took video of him and I sending Jesse Bonin's Party Animal (V12) and WearBird (V10/11) (the actual name is Where There's a Will There's a Way ).  I got the second ascent of Party Animal with Ethan sending it right after.  I also flashed WearBird.  Good trip.


Erratica 9/11 from Ethan Pringle on Vimeo.


The last video was taken last Friday by Gregor Peirce.  I ended up finishing Mandala SDS (V13).  It is by far the hardest climb I've done.  Also one of  the best.  Gregor also pulls out an impressively quick send of Form Destroyer (V12).


WEEKEND WARRIORS from Gregor Peirce on Vimeo.


Hope that gets most of you psyched for this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment